I think it’s fair to say that the future of blogging is changing fast, Right?
Most of the things I have been doing for the past 5 years are now NOT giving the same return as they once did.
I wanted to take a moment to highlight the remarkable shifts that have reshaped the landscape of blogging in the current year, propelled by the convergence of AI, global economic changes, and the explosive growth of social media platforms.
The influence of AI in our industry has changed like never before in our niches, redefining how content is created, discovered, and consumed.
The cost to produce content has decreased and is now available to everyone.
Its impact on the blogging sphere has been substantial, revolutionizing content creation processes and enabling more personalized, engaging experiences for audiences.
Moreover, the world’s economic dynamics have significantly influenced blogging strategies.
People have less money to spend and are more careful about where they get their information before purchasing these days.
The meteoric rise of social media platforms has been nothing short of phenomenal. Platforms like Twitter and TikTok have witnessed exponential growth, becoming pivotal spaces for content dissemination and community engagement.
Recent data indicates a substantial surge in active users and content consumption on these platforms, signifying their influence in shaping digital conversations and trends.
( Well, Maybe Twitter has had a slight decline since Elon took over ) 😂
For instance, Twitter has over 540 monthly users, underscoring its role as a real-time information hub and fostering meaningful interactions among diverse audiences.
Similarly, TikTok has seen an unprecedented rise in user engagement, with their users spending significant time-consuming short-form video content, showcasing its tremendous potential for content creators to connect with a global audience.
It also has new monetization methods which bloggers are now taking notice of.
In light of these transformative forces, the blogging landscape is evolving rapidly. Adapting to these changes means embracing new strategies that prioritize engagement, diversified revenue streams, and understanding audience behavior across these social platforms.
So, what do we do?
I have been looking at ways to approach blogging from a new perspective and have implemented some of these new strategies on my son’s new website.
It’s only 6 months old and hardly getting any Google traffic ( The Norm)
However, we are seeing some incredible success with monetization and social interaction.
Even to the point of getting paid collaborations from local businesses 😱
See a comment from one of his TikToks that got over 146000 views in 24 hours
This is his mission statement
We’re dedicated to curating a vibrant digital space that encapsulates the heartbeat of York. Our mission is to be the trusted website where locals and visitors alike converge for real-time, insightful, and authentic information sourced directly from the community.
We pride ourselves on being a quintessential local digital newspaper of York, tirelessly gathering and delivering up-to-date, firsthand insights from residents, business owners, and emerging ventures.
From the latest happenings to hidden gems, we’re the compass guiding you through the bustling streets, vibrant events, and eclectic festivals that define our beloved city.
Our commitment extends beyond mere reporting—we collaborate intimately with new businesses, stores, and restaurants to ensure you receive the freshest, most relevant updates and offerings. Whether it’s uncovering the newest hotspots or capturing the essence of long-standing favorites, we’re your gateway to experiencing York in its entirety.
Join us in celebrating the pulse of York, where community-driven authenticity meets a curated tapestry of local events, insightful stories, and indispensable information for both residents and curious travelers seeking an authentic York experience.”
This statement aims to capture the essence of the website’s purpose—to serve as the go-to platform for both locals and tourists seeking genuine, up-to-date information and experiences within York, England.
This is just an example of his mission statement ⬆️ his is much more personal ♥️
Let me now share a few things we are doing differently for previous years and previous websites.
This is due to Google updates, AI, and how the internet, in general, is shaping up in the SERPs.
- Shift from Google to Social: Emphasizing social media over Google for traffic generation, fostering engagement and community building.
- Revenue Focus, Not Just Pageviews: Prioritizing revenue streams through diversified methods beyond traditional pageview display ad models.
- Collaborations with Stores & Shops: Partnering with local businesses, stores, and shop owners for mutually beneficial collaborations, fostering a symbiotic relationship.
- New Monetization Avenues like Paid Collabs: Exploring innovative monetization methods such as paid collaborations, sponsored content, and strategic partnerships.
- Content Shift from Keywords to Virality: Moving away from keyword-centric strategies towards creating news and lifestyle content with high viral potential to captivate and engage the audience.
- Short-form Video Content for Quick Engagement: Investing in short-form video content due to its cost-effectiveness and faster ranking potential, catering to changing user preferences.
- Local Newspaper Approach: Adopting a local newspaper-like strategy by curating free content from local stores, hotels, and restaurants to enhance community relevance and engagement.
- Amazon Influencer Thumbnail and Titles
- How to Make Amazon Shoppable Videos In 2024?
- How to Start an Amazon Influencer Program In 2024?
- Video Outside Viewport: What’s up With That? (+ How to Fix It)
- The Future of blogging has changed!
- Replace Your Amazon Sitestripe Images Instantly With AM Image Master